CPAP Titration Study - Preparing for your study
A CPAP titration study involves an overnight stay at a sleep center, hospital or a special hotel room. The testing environment is set up so you will be comfortable during your stay.
On the day of your in-lab sleep study, you should:
- Try to follow your regular routine as much as possible.
- Avoid napping
- Eliminate use of caffeine after lunch
- Shower or avoid using hair sprays or gels that can interfere with the sleep recording
If you are on a regular medication, speak with your board-certified sleep medicine physician. Your doctor may recommend for you to temporarily discontinue using the medication.
When it is time to report for your CPAP titration study, bring any items that you need for your nightly routine. Prepare for the sleep study as if you are staying at a hotel for a night. You may want to bring:
- Comfortable pajamas or clothes to sleep in
- A toothbrush, toothpaste and dental floss
- Makeup remover
- Reading material
- Clean clothes for the morning